Which, What, Whose
In questions, these words ask which thing or person is being referred to. They are placed before the noun.
· Which dress are you going to wear tonight?
· What colour is your dress?
· Whose car are you going to use?
Which and Whose
In a statement, these words define or explain which thing or person is referred to:
· He went back to the house. (Which house?) The house which stood on the corner.
=› He went back to the house which stood on the corner.
· I saw the man. (Which man?) The man whose car you damaged.
=› I saw the man whose car you damaged.
· He couldn't remember which film he had seen.
· That's the man whose wife works in my office.
· Tell me which coffee you like.
· The woman whose dog bit you is at the door.